We are seeking brilliant, friendly, ambitious and inspirational candidates to join our Midwifery lecturing team.
The role would include such activities as:
- Preparing and delivering teaching and learning activity on various aspects of our BSc (Hons) Midwifery Practice course.
- Delivery of clinical skills, theory teaching, personal tutoring, and assessment.
- Enhancement of the student experience and facilitating ongoing course evaluation and development.
- Engaging with and developing innovative and effective teaching methods to enhance student engagement and achievement.
- Contributing to student recruitment and ongoing promotion of the course.
The successful applicants will demonstrate excellent knowledge and skill in midwifery practice, will work well within a team and will possess excellent communication skills. Familiarity with the midwifery undergraduate course would be beneficial and formal teaching experience is preferred but is not essential if applying for the Lecturer (Grade 7) post, although applicants who do not hold a teaching qualification would be expected to work towards one.
Applicants must hold a relevant professional degree qualification and registration with the NMC is essential.
The positions will be based either at The Centre of Excellence in Healthcare Education, Blackheath Lane Campus, Stafford, or at the Centre of Excellence in Healthcare Education, Royal Shrewsbury Hospital, Shrewsbury, although travel between both sites will be expected. Travel to the University Stoke Campus will be also be expected on occasions.