This is an exciting time to join our dynamic team working in a supportive and flexible environment, where you will play an active role in teaching and supporting our students.
Your role within the post registration team will mainly be contributing to the teaching and supervision on our level 6 and level 7 Continuous Professional Development (CPE)/Post Graduate Taught (PGT) provision. These programmes include the MSc Advanced Clinical Practice, BSc (Hons) Professional Practice, MSc Health, MSc Advanced Physiotherapy/Occupational Therapy/Podiatry.
In addition to your teaching responsibilities, you will act as a personal tutor, and use your pastoral care skills to deal with sensitive issues concerning students and when appropriate refer students to specialist services. In order to be successful in this post you should have:
- An up-to-date, sound knowledge of current developments in leadership and service development within the NHS and/or healthcare organisations including current models of leadership and policy developments.
- A good (1st or 2:1) degree and a postgraduate MSc.
- Experience in leadership and service development within the NHS and/or other healthcare organisations.
- Experience of leading and implementing creative approaches to developing teaching and learning in universities and/or professional practice.
- A professional registration as a healthcare professional is desirable, but not essential for this post.
If you have a PhD or Doctorate and can supervise at this level, you will have opportunities to develop as the university has an active programme for supporting early career researchers.
For informal enquiries please contact, Post Graduate Taught Academic Lead Dr Lucy Redhead L.Redhead@brighton.ac.uk
You will be based at our Falmer campus site, and travel to other university sites will also be required