Location: Brighton – Falmer
Salary: £35,211 to £50,132 per annum
Closing Date: Sunday 19 May 2019
Interview Date: Wednesday 29 May 2019
By joining the School of Health Sciences at the University of Brighton, you will be contributing to and facilitating the learning of apprentices on the Foundation Degree in Health and Social Care Practice. Students on this programme include Nursing Associate and Assistant Practitioner apprentices.
This programme has rapidly expanded in recent years, with two intakes of sixty apprentices this academic year, this is therefore an exciting time to join a dynamic team of staff. The role will include undertaking the teaching and learning activity related to the course and managing placements.
In order to be successful in this role you will have:
- A good (1 or 2:1) degree in nursing (any field)
- A Higher Education teaching qualification, or relevant teaching experience
- Membership of HEA Fellowship is required, or will need to be achieved within the first 12 months
- A postgraduate qualification/PhD or a commitment to obtaining this
- An active NMC registration
- Up to date knowledge of contemporary health policy and practice
- If you have a postgraduate degree and can supervise at this level, you will have opportunities to so. The University has an active programme for supporting early career researchers. Occasional travel to other university and placement sites will also be required.
For a full job description and details of how to apply, please visit our website: https://jobs.brighton.ac.uk/vacancy.aspx?ref=H
For informal enquiries, please contact Academic Lead Marianne Willmer email@example.com
This role is eligible for applications from job sharers.
In return, we offer a generous package with benefits including annual leave starting at 35 days, paid bank holidays, additional paid leave during the Christmas period, travel loans, pension scheme.