Lecturer starting salary: £35,845 rising annually to £39,152 Senior Lecturer starting salary: £41,526 rising annually to £51,034
Full Time, Permanent – Academic
This vacancy is open to both full or part time applicants.
We are looking for a motivated Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation to join our team at Oxford Brookes. We provide pre-registration programmes at BSc and MSc degree levels.
We are located within the Department for Sport, Health Science and Social Work and have close synergies with other health-related programmes and research centres such as the Centre for Movement Occupational and Rehabilitation Sciences (MOReS). The post holder must have a post-graduate degree in Physiotherapy, Rehabilitation or related subject and hold registration with the HCPC.
We would expect our new Lecturer/Senior Lecturer to undertake academic and academic-related responsibilities in the delivery of high quality education in Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation. The successful candidate will contribute to the teaching and supervision of student research projects at both undergraduate and post graduate level. The successful candidate will also be expected to contribute to the management, scholarly activity and developmental ambitions of the department.
Experience required for the post:
- We are particularly interested in encouraging applications for our Lecturer/Senior Lecturer post from candidates who have the following:
- a clinical background in physiotherapy/rehabilitation
- a track record of teaching and module leadership in a higher education institution
- registration with the HCPC
- experience of supervising undergraduate and post graduate student research projects
- demonstrable research activity by publications
- possession of a suitable teaching qualification for a higher education setting (or willingness to complete in post)
- a track record in course design, assessment development and the ability to contribute to teaching, management and leadership within higher education.
Oxford Brookes is a great organisation to work for. The Physiotherapy programmes are primarily located in healthcare facilities at the Marston Rd site of the University, offering state-of-the art simulation skills labs and teaching facilities, and close to local clinical and research sites of excellence.
For further information please see: https://my.corehr.com/pls/oburecruit/erq_jobspec_details_form.jobspec?p_id=077942