We are seeking a brilliant, friendly, ambitious and inspirational nurse to join our Children’s Nursing lecturing team.
The role would include such activities as:
- Preparing and delivering teaching and learning activity on various aspects of our Children’s, Adult, Nursing Associate and post registration nursing courses
- Delivery of clinical skills, theory teaching, personal tutoring and assessment
- Enhancement of the student experience and facilitating ongoing course evaluation and development
- Engaging with and developing innovative and effective teaching methods to enhance student engagement and achievement
- Contributing to student recruitment and ongoing promotion of the courses
The successful applicant will have extensive experience and knowledge of working as a registered children’s nurse and will be very familiar with the requirements of the role. Effective teamwork and excellent communication skills are essential. Formal teaching experience in higher education is preferred but is not essential for the Lecturer (Grade 7) post. These are considered as essential requirements for the Senior Lecturer role.
The School of Health & Social Care’s ambition is to ensure that we develop the safest practitioners in the sector. To this end patient safety and simulation-based education is a key strand of our work and we would particularly welcome applicants with a passion for patient safety and simulation.
Applicants must hold a relevant professional qualification and undergraduate degree and registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council as a registered Children’s nurse is essential.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community – a place where all can be ourselves and succeed on merit.
This post will require the successful candidate to work across the three campus sites (Shrewsbury, Stoke and Stafford) of the School.