We are seeking to recruit a part-time (0.5WTE) Lecturer for the MSc Paramedic Science course, which has been delivered by UWL since November 2019, from our Brentford campus. This was the first of its kind pre-registration Paramedic Science course at postgraduate level in London.
It has been designed for applicants with a healthcare profession/biological sciences undergraduate degree (with direct patient contact experience), who wish to become a paramedic in two years. We are partnering with the London Ambulance Service NHS Trust (LAS), the busiest emergency ambulance service in the UK to deliver this trailblazing course. On successful completion graduates will be eligible to register with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) as a Paramedic.
As a Lecturer you will:
- Support recruitment activity (i.e. open days, selection events).
- Undertake module leadership and delivery of course content including facilitating simulated learning.
- Act as a Personal Tutor, supporting the pastoral needs of students.
- Support students and Practice Educators/mentors in practice placements.
- Work effectively as part of the paramedic science delivery team.
- Furthermore, as a member of the academic team, you will assist in the development of the professional, academic, research and scholarly profile of paramedic science in CNMH. You will also contribute your paramedic science expertise to our wider provision i.e. Nursing, Midwifery, Operating Department Practice and CPD.
This is an exciting time to join our dynamic team. This post offers a fantastic opportunity to contribute to the delivery of this new course and gain experience of working in a higher education environment.
For further details please visit https://jobs.uwl.ac.uk/Vacancy.aspx?ref=NURS219