Department of Adult Nursing
Location: City South Campus
Interview Date: Wednesday 10 March 2021
The School of Nursing and Midwifery an exciting opportunity for an experienced Registered Adult Field Nurse from a Professional Development or Nurse Lecturer background looking to join our large team of Nurse Academics.
Birmingham City University School of Nursing & Midwifery is the second largest in the country. Our vision as a School of Nursing and Midwifery is to aspire to lead Nursing and Midwifery education. To be the first choice for students and apprentices, colleagues and employers within Birmingham, across the West Midlands, nationally and globally.
Our staff and student community is defined by our core values, which outline who we are as a University and how we will work with each other. Our core values are Excellence, People focused, Partnership working and Fairness and integrity.
We are looking for an experienced Registered Nurse to complement our teaching team on the BSc (Hons) Registered Nurse Course. We would particularly value applications from Nurses with a background in Quality or Clinical Leadership.
- Design & Develop Module Content & Lectures across the BSc Nursing Programme
- Develop and apply inspiring teaching techniques and content which foster enthusiasm, understanding and critical enquiry amongst students.
- Develop assessments to test learner’s attainment of relevant knowledge and skills across a range of informal and formal methods.
- Develop internal and external networks.
- Provide pastoral and academic support, enabling students to thrive and become independent professionals who are proud to be part of Birmingham City University.
- Be supported to develop research, enterprise and scholarly activities which are integral to the role.
- Successful applicants will if necessary be fully funded and supported through our own teacher training apprenticeship, including full support for study attendance, and the allocation of a dedicated mentor to support them through the learning requirements.
Applicants must hold a first degree in a clinically relevant subject to Adult Nursing and current registration with the NMC as a Registered Nurse. They must also have a current formal mentorship qualification and be able to demonstrate recent experience of supporting student nurses in practice.
To apply for this role visit https://jobs.bcu.ac.uk/Vacancy.aspx?id=3821&forced=1