The Department is led by Prof Alison Twycross. We currently run the only masters in children’s advanced nursing practice course in the UK. There are approximately 40 academic staff working within the Department.
As the largest children’s nursing department in the UK we have a Clinical Skills Lab specifically for use by our students. We send our students to a number of hospitals across London including the Evelina London Children’s Hospital and Great Ormond Street Hospital. Several members of staff hold joint appointments with local Trusts.
We wish to appoint a senior academic (senior lecturer or associate professor) to support the Head of Department in providing academic leadership in the development of learning, teaching and assessment across the pre-registration children’s nursing programmes.
Requirements for the posts are:
- Current registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) as a children’s nurse (essential)
- A recognised teaching qualification that is recorded with the NMC (essential)
- Senior Fellow of the Health Education Academy (desirable)
- Evidence of successful academic leadership and management with pre-registration students (essential)
- Significant post-registration clinical experience as a children’s nurse (essential)
- Significant experience in Higher Education (essential)
To be appointed as an associate professor you will need to demonstrate:
- Doctoral qualification in an area of study that is directly relevant to children’s nursing or equivalent (desirable)
- A track record in research or scholarly activity in children’s nursing (essential)
- A national reputation in your area of specialism (essential)
- A track record of publications in international peer reviewed health and social care journals (essential)
- A track record of successful grant applications (desirable)
Information about this post is available from:
Professor Alison Twycross
Interview Date: 14/06/2017