We are seeking an independent external assessor to consider the development and validation of two new General Practice Nurse programmes in the Department of Health Sciences, University of York. As the independent external assessor, you will be required to review the documentation and provide a written report within 4 weeks of receipt of documentation which will be sent early February 2021. You would also be required to attend a validation event in the summer 2021 (TBC). A fee will be paid for the work.
As the independent external assessor, you will hold appropriate registration with the NMC
- have experience of programme development with a focus on health and social care, hold a minimum of a master’s level degree and
- have knowledge and understanding of relevant UK Higher Education sector-wide reference points.
- not be a current or former external examiner of the University, unless a period of at least three years has elapsed since the expiration of your appointment
- not be a former member of staff or student, unless a period of at least three years has elapsed since you left the University
- not have any other links (including close research collaborations) with the programme proposer and/or proposing department(s) that might compromise your independence or might reasonably be perceived to compromise your independence.
If you would like more information or an informal discussion, please contact Dr Sue Faulds. If you would like to apply, please send your CV and expression of interest to Dr Sue Faulds, email@example.com Closing date for expressions of interest, 1700 hours on 5 January 2021.