The Department of Allied Health and Social Sciences from the Institute of Health and Society at the University of Worcester is seeking two External Examiners for the following programme:
FdSc: Foundation Degree in Health and Social Care
The FdSc in Health and Social Care has been a successful course here at the University of Worcester. Interested applicants must have relevant knowledge and practice experience in health and/or social care and have HE experience of teaching, managing and assessing students on similar Undergraduate Degree courses.
The role further requires external moderation of assessments, attendance at the Boards of Examiners and completion of an Annual External Examiners Report.
The appointment will be with immediate effect.
Applicants are advised that the University applies the following criteria to external examiners:
• The area of expertise of external examiners is within the area of assessment undertaken;
• Applicants should have recently been employed (or are still employed) within a university appointment;
• He/she must not have been a University of Worcester examiner within the last five years;
• Experience with relevant Foundation Degree courses
• Widening participation knowledge and experience
• A recognised Healthcare qualification, either a registered Nurse (Nursing and Midwifery Council) or Allied Health Professions will be considered, (Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) registered).
Programme details will be provided to the appointee and a full induction day will be offered. Further support is also provided by the Course leader and module team.
Interested applicants can seek further information or should send a CV for consideration to Lisa Porter Senior Lecturer Health and Social Care, Course Lead FdSc HSC, University of Worcester firstname.lastname@example.org.