We are seeking to appoint a Subject and Award External Examiner for the FdSc Nursing Associate programme. This programme is based within the School of Nursing and Midwifery, Faculty of Health and Human Sciences. It is a 2-year undergraduate programme through the apprenticeship route which on successful completion enables the student to gain the title: Nursing Associate, and on completion of the End Point Assessment, meet the Nursing Associate Apprenticeship Standards. This position requires the external examiner to be a Registered Nurse, have current registration with the Nursing & Midwifery Council and preferably have a recordable teaching qualification.
The appointment will be for 4 years from 1 August 2018 with a commitment required as follows:
• To review a range of coursework throughout the year.
• To attend an assessment panel and award board per year and the submission of an annual external examiner report.
• To attend one assessment event per year if appropriate (for example, OSCE or oral presentation)
• To engage in communication with the programme team
• To carry out at least one interim engagement per year (which may take the form of a ‘virtual’ visit by video conference/Skype in recognition of the logistical difficulties presented by Plymouth’s geographical location) and at least one face to face visit during the term of office to obtain feedback from staff and students on assessment in practice and to strengthen their engagement with the ongoing teaching and learning process.
All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointment. If you would like to be considered for this role, please submit a CV by email to Caroline Crawford firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 9 July 2018 or for further information about the role email Sandy Knowles, email@example.com Telephone 01752 586594.