The School of Human and Health Sciences is seeking to appoint an experienced and suitably qualified senior academic to act as an External Academic Panel Member for each of the below Subject Review events due to take place in the School. A review of programme documentation relating to academic Levels 6 and 7 will be required.
1) Under-graduate and post-graduate SSPRD Subject Review – 5th April 2019
- Top-up degrees in: Nursing / Peri-operative Studies / Paramedic Practice
- Short courses in: Cervical screening / Tissue viability / ECG monitoring / Minor illness & injury / Newborn examination / clinical leadership / Simulation / Leadership
- Pg Certificates in: Acute / critical / emergency / end of life care / long term conditions / leadership
- Masters courses in: Health Studies / Public Health / Health Service Research
2) SSPRD Regulated Courses Subject Review – 30th April 2019
- Independent & Supplementary Prescribing
- Supporting Learning and Assessment in Practice
- Health Professional Education
The external panel member from the higher education sector should not only be academically qualified and experienced in a field directly related to the courses under consideration, but should also have knowledge of current trends and practices within quality assurance in UK HE. This would normally be demonstrated by recent involvement in quality assurance events, either within their own UK institution or having been an external panel member at a validation event at another UK institution or having acted as external examiner. They should not have had any close involvement with the University of Huddersfield for at least the preceding three years.
A fee of £250. plus expenses is payable. Hotel accommodation will be organised by the University if required. All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointment. Please contact K.L.Adams@hud.ac.uk for applications by submission of CV or for more information.