AECC University College is seeking two external panel members to support the validation of our new MSc Musculoskeletal Paediatric Health. The course is designed to develop students’ knowledge and skills in the safe and competent care of children of all ages. The course covers topics in paediatric musculoskeletal practice with specific units on paediatric development, paediatric musculoskeletal examination, paediatric musculoskeletal interventions, and paediatric musculoskeletal management.
As well as scrutinising the various course and unit documents, in terms of subject content, coherence and structure, and teaching, learning and assessment strategies, external panel members will be expected to take part in our Course Consideration/Approval Panel meeting. This will take place remotely (via Zoom or Teams) on Thursday 22 July 2021 (approx 09.15 – 17.00).
There is a fee of £150 payable, subject to standard HMRC regulations
As a minimum the external panel member should have:
- Knowledge of the subject area (musculoskeletal paediatric health), holding a level 7 qualification in a relevant discipline area (e.g. healthcare professional with background in paediatrics or musculoskeletal health/rehabilitation).
- Current or recent knowledge of working in UK Higher Education.
- An understanding of the expectations for UK academic programmes and national frameworks at the proposed level.
- Familiarity with processes for quality assuring and enhancing academic programmes in Higher Education, and preferably with developing or reviewing equivalent courses.
and should have
- No current or recent significant involvement with the University College, its course, staff or students
If you satisfy the above criteria, and are available on 22 July please do apply, by contacting Michelle Holmes (MHolmes@aecc.ac.uk) with a brief summary of your relevant experience and attaching your latest CV. Michelle would be happy to discuss the appointment further with you if you wish.
Please note that all appointments are subject to verification of eligibility to work in the UK, as per UK Visas and Immigration requirements
We look forward to hearing from you.