The University is seeking to appoint three external examiners for its Bachelor of Nursing (Hons) Programme. The programme recruits students across 3 fields of Nursing (Adult; Mental Health; Child), external examiners are therefore required from the above fields of nursing.
One external examiner is required for Bioscience course units which are delivered at level 4 and level 5 of the programme. Applications are sought for an examiner that has demonstrable experience of teaching and assessing in this area.
Two external examiners are required for level 6 of the programme. Applications are sought for examiners that have demonstrable experience of teaching and assessing in the following areas:
• Clinical Judgement and Decision Making
• Managing Complex Care
• Medicines Management
• Leadership and Management
External examiners for the BNurs (Hons) programme would be expected to visit at least one practice learning environment per year in addition to attendance at Examination Boards.
All coursework is electronically submitted by students and is marked online using Grademark and Turnitin. External examiners will be required to use the online moderating process. User guides and support will be available.
• Working in a UK HEI with no formal educational links with the University of Manchester in the last 5 years
• Current registration with the NMC including a recordable teaching qualification
• Master’s Degree in an area related to one of the above subject areas
• Direct experience of teaching and assessing in the applicable subject areas
• Research and publications in related area
Appointments will be made in line with the University of Manchester’s External Examiners Guidance. The University appointments for external examiners are normally for a period of 4 years.
Expressions of interest by CV should be sent by the 1st August 2017 to Katie.Gray@manchester.ac.uk