Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced lecturers. All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointment.
We have a number of roles in light of recent expansion:
- FDSc Nursing Associate asap and another from Sept 2020
- BSc Nursing Adult from Feb 2020
- BSc Nursing mental health from April 2020
- CDMA BSC HONS Business management apprenticeship from 01/09/2020
- Professional Doctorate from 31/08/2020
The appointment will take effect as outlined above and tenure will normally be for a period of four years. The Board of Examiners are all held on the University’s Campus on Deane Road Bolton. As an External Examiner you will be expected to:
- Be employed in Higher Education
- Have previous External Examiner experience
- Moderate samples of essay scripts and other assessed materials, advising the programme teams on the content and standard of assessments
- Submit reports and a yearly programme report
- Liaise with other external examiners at UoB
- Attend the Board of Examiners.
- Advise on academic misconduct and appeal cases.
If you are interested in any of these posts please send your expression of interest, together with your current CV, to:
Dr Trish Houghton Head of School (Nursing and Midwifery) – Faculty of Health and Wellbeing, T.A.Houghton@bolton.ac.uk, 01204 903 756.