The School of Nursing and Midwifery, University of Dundee is currently reviewing our Post-Registration and Postgraduate provision. As a result, we are seeking to appoint External Examiners for the following subject areas, to join our existing team of multi-disciplinary experts.
• Mentorship Preparation Programme (SCQF Level 9, incorporating Exploring the Learning Experience in Clinical Practice module)
• Clinical Governance (SCQF Levels 9 & 11) and Risk and Patient Safety (SCQF Level 11) modules
• Contemporary Challenges in Health Care Ethics module (SCQF Level 11)
• Contemporary Practice in Acute and Critical Care (SCQF Levels 9 & 11) and other clinical practice-based modules
• Non-Medical Prescribing modules (SCQF Levels 9 & 11)
• Midwifery and Maternal and Infant Health modules (SCQF Level 11)
The University requires that External Examiners have qualifications at least equivalent to the Module/Programme being examined, so applicants should possess a Masters degree.
All appointments will be initially for a three year period.
Please be aware that the NMC requires External Examiners for Nursing and Midwifery programmes to possess up-to-date registration on the appropriate part of the NMC Register.
The University’s Assessment and External Examiners Overview, which includes a link to the ‘Guidance on External Examining of Undergraduate and Taught Postgraduate Programmes including the Conduct of Examination Boards’, can be found at: http://www.dundee.ac.uk/qaf/assessmentextexamineroverview.htm
For further information please contact:
Dr Elaine Lee
Postgraduate Programmes Manager
School of Nursing and Midwifery
University of Dundee
11 Airlie Place
DUNDEE DD1 4HJ
T: 01382 388668
Applications should be submitted to Helen Walker firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 4 April 2014.