Continuing Professional Development : BSc Nursing Practice (Hons) Programme
Three external examiners are required for the subject areas below. Applications are invited from candidates who can examine one of the subject areas of mental health/ cancer/ neonatal, and also leadership and management.
1. Mental Health Subjects
- Developing Professional Practice in Dual Diagnosis
- Developing Professional practice in Substance Misuse
2. Cancer Subjects
- Principles and Practice of Breast Care
- Foundations in Cancer Care
- Promoting Effective Practice in Palliative Care
3. Neonatal Subjects
- Enhancing Neonatal Nursing Practice
- Intensive Care of the Neonate
4. Leadership & Management
All coursework is electronically submitted by students and is marked online using Grademark and Turnitin. External examiners will be required to use the online moderating process. User guides and support will be available.
The University appointments for external examiners are normally for a period of 4 years.
• Working in a UK HEI with no formal educational links with the University of Manchester in the last 5 years
• Master’s Degree in an area related to one of the above subject areas
• Direct experience of teaching and assessing in the applicable subject areas
• Research and publications in related area
Appointments will be made in line with the University of Manchester’s Code of Practice for External Examiners. University Code of Practice for External Examiners
Interested candidates should detail their experience in teaching and assessing in the applicable subjects.
Expressions of interest, by CV from suitably qualified and experienced colleagues should be sent to: Sally.Hickson@manchester.ac.uk