The Florence Nightingale Faculty of Nursing, Midwifery & Palliative Care, King’s College London, is seeking to appoint external examiners from September 2019 to our Faculty Assessment Boards and we would welcome expressions of interest from senior academics committed to developing quality teaching, learning and assessment. We are particularly interested in receiving applications from those who have expertise in the following areas:
- MSc Nursing with Registration programme- Adult Nursing
- BSc – Adult Nursing
- Midwifery PGT
- Older Persons
- Work-based learning UG and PG
- Cancer and Palliative Care
King’s College London is a research-led university based in the heart of London; King’s has 29,000 students from some 150 countries, and 8,000 employees. King’s has an outstanding reputation for providing world-class teaching and cutting-edge research.
The Faculty has 200 staff and 3,000 students and offers flexible and innovative programmes and modules that meet the needs of a wide range of healthcare professionals seeking continuing professional development as well as those working towards registration with the NMC.
The role of the External Examiner is to assure the quality of awards with respect to national standards.
Key duties include:
- Advising Boards of Examiners on the content and standards of assessments
- Moderating samples of exam scripts and other assessed materials
- Attending Boards of Examiners to approve awards and degree classifications
- Advising on academic misconduct and appeal cases
- Submitting an annual report to the College Principal
To express an interest, please send a copy of your curriculum vitae (including NMC PIN and revalidation date, where applicable) and a covering letter to the email address below:
Dr Andy Williamson
Quality Assurance Manager