Edge Hill University, Faculty of Health and Social Care, is seeking to appoint an External Examiner to its Pre-Registration Nursing Programme Mental Health Nursing:
Vacancy Ref: PRE 60
- BSc (Hons) Nursing (Mental Health)
- MSc Nursing (Pre-registration Mental Health)
- MNSW Children’s Nursing and Social Work
The external examiner would be responsible for all Mental Health field-specific modules within these awards, together with some generic nursing modules which may contribute to awards in other fields of nursing.
Successful applicants would be appointed with effect from October 2018 for a term of four years, and would be joining an established and supportive external examiner team. External Examiners are required to attend Module Assessment Boards and to complete an annual report. External Examiners are also invited to engage with students in practice and will be invited to attend practical assessments.
If you would like to discuss specific information relating to the programmes, please contact:
- BSc Nursing – Dr Ellean Hiley (Senior Lecturer – Nursing), firstname.lastname@example.org, 01695 657053
- MSc Nursing – Jill Fillingham (Senior Lecturer – Nursing), email@example.com, 01695 657098
- MNSW Nursing and Social Work – Carmel Stopforth (Senior Lecturer – Nursing), firstname.lastname@example.org, 01695 657072
Alternatively Chris Kiely (Programme Lead Nursing) email@example.com, 01695 657022
All applicants must be a qualified and registered Mental Health Nurse and have an academic qualification at Masters Level or above.
All appointments are subject to meeting the University’s criteria for the appointment of external examiners.
Interested individuals should send their CV, quoting the reference of the vacancy, to:
Quality Assurance Administrator
Faculty of Health and Social Care
Edge Hill University