The Florence Nightingale Faculty of Nursing & Midwifery, King’s College London is seeking to appoint external examiners for the following:
1. BSc Clinical Practice with advanced assessment skills expertise
2. BSc Clinical Practice, Mental Health pathway
3. BSc Clinical Practice with critical care/intensive care expertise
4. BSc Clinical Practice with specialist acute care (e.g. neuroscience acute and critical care, orthopaedic nursing)
5. BSc Clinical Practice with surgical care expertise in anaesthetics, theatres and recovery nursing.
We would welcome expressions of interest from senior academics committed to developing the quality of teaching, learning and assessment.
The Role of External Examiner is to assure the quality of awards with respect to national standards. Key duties include:
• Advising boards of examiners on the content and standard of assessment
• Moderating samples of exam scripts and other assessed materials
• Attending boards of examiners to approve pass lists and degree classifications
• Advising on academic misconduct and appeal cases
• Submitting an annual report to the College Principal
An annual payment will be made on receipt of the annual report and expenses incurred when visiting the Faculty at our campus in central London will be met in full.
The Faculty requests that the successful candidates take up the role as soon as possible.
To express an interest, please send a copy of your curriculum vitae and a covering letter to the email address below;
Head of Student Services