The Professional Development Centre at the University of Lincoln is seeking to appoint two External Examiners for our inter-professional Non-Medical Prescribing Programme and Short Course.
Applicants will need to hold current registration with the NMC, HCPC or GPhC.
An ideal candidate will have experience in teaching and examining at a UK HE institution, have a good understanding of quality assurance, and have specific subject knowledge in relation to the educational preparation of future Independent/Supplementary Prescribers.
Previous experience as an External Examiner is preferred but not essential. The appointment will be for four academic years.
Further information on the Programme/Short Course can be accessed via the following links:
NMP Programme: https://www.lincoln.ac.uk/home/course/nmdprepc/
NMP Short Course: https://www.lincoln.ac.uk/home/course/PRTCRTUI/
External Examiners play a central role in the maintenance of the standards of the University’s awards and the currency of the curriculum. They perform this role through:
- discussions with the academic and administrative teams
- consideration of proposed programme modification(s)
- review of assessment tasks and examination papers
- review of samples of student work on modules within the programme, including practice assessment documents/portfolios
- the endorsement of marks to ensure agreed, fully moderated and externally examined sets of results
- attendance at appropriate boards of examiners
- submission of annual reports
Please send expressions of interest with a current CV to Kathryn Tindall, Programme Administrator: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications will be: Friday 22nd November 2019.