The Florence Nightingale Faculty of Nursing & Midwifery, King’s College London is seeking to appoint external examiners for 16/17 and welcomes expressions of interest from senior academics committed to developing the quality of teaching, learning and assessment.
- BSc Nursing Studies for Diplomates programme (one year full-time programme for post-qualification students) responsible for research focused modules and with experience of international students.
- Mental Health post qualification programmes (BSc Mental Health Care, BSc Evidence Based Psychosis and BSc Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) responsible for modules with mental health focus across life span.
- Acute Care post qualification programmes (BSc Nursing Practice, BSc Independent Practice and BSc Adult Nursing) responsible for modules focusing on acutely ill patients and cardiac care.
- Specialist Care post-qualification programmes (BSc Critical Care Nursing; BSc Clinical Practice) responsible for specialist module with a focus on renal, liver and theatre care nursing.
- BSc Women’s Health with a focus on women’s health and infection control.
- Children’s nursing- pre-reg and post qualification programmes with a focus on child (BSc Neonatal Nursing Practice; BSc Children’s Health).
The key duties of External Examiner include;
- Advising boards of examiners on the content and standard of assessment.
- Moderating samples of exam scripts and other assessed materials.
- Attending boards of examiners to approve pass lists and degree classifications.
- Advising on academic misconduct and appeal cases.
- Submitting an annual report to the College Principal.
To express an interest, please send a copy of your curriculum vitae and a covering letter.