The University of Brighton offers extensive support for external examiners and holds workshops annually. Further support is also provided by the relevant course and field leaders. The University would normally expect that external examiners attend a minimum of one examination board per year.
Applicants are advised that the University applies the following criteria to external examiners:
• The area of expertise of external examiners would be within the area of examinations undertaken;
• Applicants should have recently been employed (or are still employed) within a university appointment;
• He/she must not have been a University of Brighton examiner within the last five years;
• He/She will have experience in public health education, health promotion, epidemiology or related fields.
An external examiner is required for the new BSc(Hons) Public Health (Hastings Campus)
One external examiner will examine modules focussing on Public Health on the above programme which commences in September 2015. The course is structured on the following aims:
• To provide students with an appreciation of the determinants of health and their impact on people’s lives.
• To promote a critical understanding of social justice through cognisance of structural factors (eg ecological and economic) that cause and maintain avoidable health and social inequalities.
• To promote evidence and research based public health and health promotion interventions and practice
• To prepare students to be scholarly, knowledgeable and skilled in a global society
• To promote inclusive and interactive collaborative inter-professional learning utilising digital technologies when appropriate
For an informal discussion, please contact any one of the following:
Course leader – Dr. Palo Almond, email: P.Almond@brighton.ac.uk telephone: 01273 644022
For More Information: www.brighton.ac.uk