We are seeking replacement external examiners from academic year (2017/18) for our BSc (Hons) Professional Practice course. The University of Brighton offers extensive support for external examiners and holds annual workshops. Further support is also provided by the course lead and the Continuing and Postgraduate Education Academic lead. The University normally expects external examiners to attend a minimum of one examination board per year.
Applicants are advised that the University applies the following criteria to external examiners:
- The area of expertise of external examiners is within the area of examinations undertaken;
- Applicants should have recently been employed (or are still employed) within a university appointment;
- He/she must not have been a University of Brighton examiner within the last five years;
- He/she will ideally have a qualification registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council and internal and external examining experience
Up to three External Examiners are needed for the following (combined roles where possible):
External Examiners are required for a range of modules that are in the following pathways:
- Long Term Conditions Pathway;
- Sexual and Reproductive Health;
- Mental Health and Psychosocial Care;
- Older People’s Health; and,
- Professional Practice Pathways, including Return to Practice for Nursing.
Commencement date September 2017 for a period of 4 years
For an informal discussion, please contact:
BSc(Hons) Professional Practice course lead– Hannah Morris, H.Morris3@brighton.ac.uk, 01273 644027
Please forward your curriculum vitae to Nicky Pont, N.Pont@brighton.ac.uk with the title of the course in the subject line.
Further information may be found on the University website at www.brighton.ac.uk/cpdhealth