The School of Health & Human Sciences at the University of Essex is seeking to appoint two external examiners for the following programmes:
- BSc/MSc pre-registration Mental Health Nursing.
- BSc pre-registration Adult Nursing.
The current External Examiners for these courses complete their period of office in June (BSc Adult Nursing) and September 2016 (BSc/MSc Mental Health Nursing).
We would like to appoint an External Examiner who can help us to enhance the quality of teaching and learning within the programme and who is experienced in delivering the Nursing curriculum.
The appointment will be for four years from June/September 2016 and the commitment required is as follows:
- To attend one examination Board per year (Boards are held in June and September, plus progress exam board)
- To submit the annual External Examiner’s Report.
- To review coursework throughout the year and provide comments
- To make placement visits to meet with students and mentors
- Engage with the programme team in the continuous development of the programmes
For informal inquires please contact Martin Harrison, Head of Nursing at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be accompanied by a C.V. to Ms Denise Green Senior School Administrator, School of Health & Human Sciences, University of Essex, Kimmy Eldridge Building, Wivenhoe Park, Colchester CO4 3SQ (email@example.com) by Monday 4th July 2016.