The University of Manchester is seeking to appoint an external examiner for its Bachelor of Nursing (Hons) Programme. The programme recruits students across 3 fields of Nursing (Adult; Mental Health; Child).
Two external examiners are required, one from Adult Field and one from Mental Health Field of Nursing.
The external examiner role is for year one of the programme (Level 4) and for course units which include: Public Health, Collaborative Care Planning and Values Based Nursing.
External examiners for the BNurs (Hons) programme would be expected to visit at least one practice learning environment per year in addition to attendance at Examination Boards.
All coursework is electronically submitted by students and is marked online using Grademark and Turnitin. External examiners will be required to use the online moderating process. User guides and support will be available. The University appointments for external examiners commence in October and are normally for a period of 4 years.
- Working in a UK HEI with no formal educational links with the University of Manchester in the last 5 years.
- Current registration with the NMC (Adult Field or Mental Health Field) including a recordable teaching qualification.
- Master’s Degree in a related subject area.
- Direct experience of teaching and assessing in the applicable subject areas.
- Research and publications in related area.
Appointments will be made in line with the University of Manchester’s External Examiners Guidance.
Interested candidates should detail their experience in teaching and assessing in the applicable subjects. Expressions of interest by CV should be sent by the 10th June 2019 to Katie.email@example.com