Department of Allied Health Professions, University of the West of England is seeking an external examiner to support modules within our undergraduate Diagnostic Imaging provision. The post will be for 4 years commencing on 1 October 2017 and includes the need to attend various examination boards.
To apply for the role, please send your expression of interest and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference number AHP-001 in the subject.
The subject cluster requires a Field External Examiner to represent a range of academic perspectives within the BSc(Hons) Diagnostic Imaging programme, together with some FdSc modules in Diagnostic Imaging, and some generic AHP modules, which are listed as follow:
- Research Principles for Radiography
- Professional Issues in Radiography
- Research Project for Radiography
- Advanced Diagnostic Imaging Studies
- Care of the patient in clinical imaging
- Foundations of Radiographic Imaging
- Science and Instrumentation in Diagnostic Imaging
- Intermediate Diagnostic Imaging Theory
- Fundamentals of Radiographic Image Interpretation
- Anatomy and Physiology for Radiographers
- Applied Sciences for Radiographers
- Diagnostic Imaging Clinical Practice 1 / 2
- Radiation Physics
- Patient health and well-being in Radiography
- Diagnostic Imaging Theory / Practice
- Paediatric Imaging: Suspected Physical Injury
All appointments are subject to meeting the University’s criteria for the appointment of external examiners.
We particularly encourage applications from members of Black and Minority Ethnic communities, as this group is currently underrepresented among external examiners.
You will be required to attend examination boards during the year and complete an annual report.
Due to potential conflicts of interest, we are unable to accept applications for this post from the following institutions:
- University of Hertfordshire