College of Human and Health Sciences, Swansea University
The College of Human and Health Sciences is seeking an external examiner for BSc (Hons) / Grad Dip / PG Dip / MSc Specialist Community Public Health Nursing Health Visiting.
The external examiner is asked to look at a sample of the assessments and report on:
- the administration of the programme
- the standards and consistency of internal marking
- the standards of student performance
- the extent to which the regulations and processes of the University are correctly applied and adhered to
- whether the academic standards of the programme are appropriate
- examples of good practice identified
- The successful applicant will be asked to attend one examination board per year and submit an annual report following this.
- Experience of delivering community health visiting programmes
- Current NMC registration on the appropriate part of the register
- Previous experience as an external examiner
Date of appointment:
- September 2019 – September 2023
Programme details will be provided to the appointee and induction/training offered.
Please note that due to existing external examiner arrangements we are not able to accept applications from staff in the University of Hertfordshire.
Please send initial expressions of interest and a CV to the programme leader, Cathy Taylor, firstname.lastname@example.org