The University of Manchester is seeking to appoint a subject external examiner for the Bachelor of Midwifery (Hons) programme. This role will cover year 3 of the programme (Level 6) which encompasses; dissertation, caseload management, contemporary midwife practitioner – incorporating NHS Newborn and Infant Physical Examination theory, midwifery emergencies, and parenting for early years.
External examiners for the BMidwif (Hons) programme would be expected to visit at least one practice learning environment per year in addition to attendance at Examination Boards.
All coursework is electronically submitted by students and is marked online using Grademark and Turnitin. External examiners will be required to use the online moderating process. User guides and support will be made available. The University appointments for external examiners commence in October and are normally for a period of 4 years.
• Working in a UK HEI with no formal educational links with the University of Manchester in the last 5 years.
• Current registration with the NMC as a midwife including a recordable teaching qualification.
• Master’s Degree in a related area.
• Direct experience of teaching and assessing in the applicable subject areas.
• Research and publications in related area.
Appointments will be made in line with the University of Manchester’s Guidance for External Examiners.
Interested candidates are invited to send a copy of their CV and covering letter or email detailing their experience in teaching and assessing in the applicable subjects to; Katie.firstname.lastname@example.org by the 21 August 2019.