The College of Human and Health Sciences is seeking an external examiner from October 2014 for Foundations in Burns Care, a level 6 module.
Interested applicants must have substantive experience of working and teaching within the field of burns and plastic surgery nursing. A qualification in burns and plastic surgery would be advantageous.
The external examiner is asked to look at a sample of the assessments and report on:
• the administration of the programme
• the standards and consistency of internal marking
• the standards of student performance
• the extent to which the regulations and processes of the University are correctly applied and adhered to
• whether the academic standards of the programme are appropriate
• examples of good practice identified
You would be asked to attend one examination board per year and submit an annual report following this.
Informal enquires regarding the course and expressions of interest can be made to Catherine Williams, module lead, at email@example.com.