The Department of Nursing, Midwifery and Health, at Northumbria University, is looking to appoint an External Examiner for our pre-registration Adult Nursing Programmes: BSc (Hons) Nursing (Adult) and MNurse (Adult). The appointed External Examiner will be one of three External Examiners and will have responsibility for an identified number of modules within the programmes. The appointed External Examiner will have opportunities to meet with the other Adult External Examiners and External Examiners in other fields. Applicants should be a registered Adult Nurse and possess relevant academic qualifications. It is preferable to have previous experience of external examining although support and guidance can be provided for those new to this role.
BSc (Hons) Nursing (Adult) – existing programme:
• 2 intakes per year March and September. Last intake March 2017;
• Approximately 170 students per intake.
MNurse (Adult) – existing post-graduate nursing programme
• 1 intake per year March;
• Post-graduate programme for graduates who hold a degree 2:2 or above;
• Approximately 30 students.
BSc (Hons) Nursing (Adult) – to start September 2017:
• 1 intake per year September;
• Approximately 300 students.
Qualifications and Experience:
• You will hold a Higher degree and have current registration with NMC – to include part 1 of the Register Adult Nurse;
• You will be able to demonstrate an academic career in the field of Adult Nursing;
• Experience of external examining is desirable.
The appointment will be effective from 1 October 2017.
A formal expression of interest letter and accompanying CV should be sent to Dr Sarah Annesley, Senior Lecturer – Adult Nursing.