Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced lecturers for the newly validated Foundation Degree leading to the following awards:
- Higher Apprenticeship in Health (Assistant Practitioner) Foundation Science Degree (FdSc) in Healthcare Practice(Mental Health)
- Higher Apprenticeship in Health (Assistant Practitioner) Foundation Science Degree (FdSc) in Healthcare Practice (Adult)
All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointment. The appointment will be with effect as soon as possible and will be for a minimum period of four years.
This course has been a joint development between UWL and the Healthcare sector. There is one intake per year of 50 students in Berkshire and London.
The Role of External Examiner is to assure the quality of awards with respect to national standards. Key duties include:
- Advising module assessment boards on the content and standard of assessments
- Moderating samples of examination/essay scripts and other assessed materials
- Attending module assessment boards to approve pass lists and degree classifications
- Attending oral examination assessments
- Advising on academic misconduct and appeal cases
- Submitting an annual report to the University Quality Boards
Interested individuals should send their expressions of interest together with a full academic Curriculum Vita in the first instance to:
Academic Quality Lead
0208 209 4118