The College of Human and Health Sciences is seeking an external examiner for our BSc (Hons) Healthcare Science – Cardiac Physiology Programme and a stand-alone masters module in Clinical Assessment for Healthcare Scientists.
The external examiner is asked to look at a sample of the assessments and report on:
- the administration of the programme
- the standards and consistency of internal marking
- the standards of student performance
- the extent to which the regulations and processes of the University are correctly applied and adhered to
- whether the academic standards of the programme are appropriate
- examples of good practice identified
The successful applicant will be asked to attend one examination board per year and submit an annual report following this. External examiners are also required to provide comments on proposed modifications and the development of new modules within their area of expertise
Applicants must hold a clinical qualification which enables them to practice as a cardiac physiologist/ clinical scientist (cardiology), and appropriate academic qualifications
Desirable Criteria: Previous experience as an external examiner
Date of appointment: September 2017 – September 2021
Programme details will be provided to the appointee and induction/training offered.
Please note that due to existing external examiner arrangements we are not able accept applications from staff in the following institutions:
Sunderland, Cumbria, West of England, Leeds and Universities in Wales.
Please send initial expressions of interest and a CV to the programme leader, Amanda Donkin at firstname.lastname@example.org