The College of Human and Health Sciences is seeking an external examiner for:
- BSc Specialist Community Public Health (School Nursing)
- Level 7 and Level 6 Module – Teaching & Learning for Practice Teachers in the Community
- Level 7 and Level 6 Module – Advancing Leadership Skills for Community Nursing
- MSc Community and Primary Health Care Practice
The external examiner is asked to look at a sample of the assessments and report on:
- the administration of the programme
- the standards and consistency of internal marking
- the standards of student performance
- the extent to which the regulations and processes of the University are correctly applied and adhered to
- whether the academic standards of the programme are appropriate
- examples of good practice identified
The successful applicant will be asked to attend one examination board per year and submit an annual report following this.
Experience of delivering community school nursing programmes
Current NMC registration on the appropriate part of the register
Previous experience as an external examiner
Date of appointment:
September 2017 – September 2021
Programme details will be provided to the appointee and induction/training offered.
Please note that due to existing external examiner arrangements we are not able accept applications from staff in the following institutions: Cardiff, Bradford, Hertfordshire, Bangor, London, Hull and Glasgow.
Please send initial expressions of interest (please specify which vacancy you are interested in) and a CV to the programme leader, Cathy Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org