We are seeking to appoint an External Examiner for the BSc (Hons) Midwifery and MSc Midwifery programmes. The Midwifery programmes at the University of Southampton provide a high quality experience for students leading to professional registration with the Nursing & Midwifery Council.
The Midwifery programmes aim to:
- Provide students with the knowledge, skills and attitudes to equip them for a career in Midwifery.
- Develop competence in applying professional skills to the practice of Midwifery.
- Develop key, transferable skills for general use in graduate employment so that students become competent in both autonomous practice and in team working.
- Develop critical and analytical competence so that students become users and/or creators of research evidence in their professional practice.
- Provide opportunities for students to learn with and from other healthcare professionals so that they develop competence in inter-professional practice.
- Provide students with the capacity for life-long learning
This post will be effective from 01/09/2015 and will be for a period of three years.
Applicants should hold appropriate academic qualifications, be registered with the NMC as a Midwife and preferably have previous experience of acting in the role as an External Examiner.
Examination Boards take place once each term. For further information please contact Dr Ellen Kitson-Reynolds (Programme Lead) E.L.Kitson-Reynolds@soton.ac.uk or Dr Liz Cluett (Lead Midwife for Education) E.Cluett@soton.ac.uk
If you are interested in applying, please forward your Curriculum Vitae and your area of interest/expertise by e-mail to Tracy Barnes email@example.com outlining your teaching, research and External Examining Experience.