The University of Manchester is seeking to appoint an external examiner with immediate effect to examine the Preparation for Supervisor of Midwives programme. This programme is available at level 6 and 7 and approximately 40 students attend the course which commences in January each year.
Applications are invited from candidates who are current Supervisors of Midwives, have current teaching involvement in a Supervisor of Midwives programme or have recent experience in supervision.
All coursework is electronically submitted by students and is marked online using Grademark and Turnitin. External examiners will be required to use the online moderating process. User guides and support will be available. The external examiner will be required to attend seminar presentations every year, normally held in June. This will also be an opportunity to meet with students and their mentors.
The University appointments for external examiners are normally for a period of 4 years.
- Current or recent Supervisor of Midwives
- Working in a UK HEI with no formal educational links with the University of Manchester in the last 5 years
- Current registration with the NMC
- Master’s Degree in a related area
- Direct experience of teaching and assessing in midwifery and supervision subject areas
- Research and publications in related area
Appointments will be made in line with the University of Manchester’s Guidance for External Examiners. http://www.tlso.manchester.ac.uk/externalexaminers/forms-and-guidance/
Interested candidates should detail their experience in teaching and assessing in the applicable subjects.