The College of Human and Health Sciences is seeking an external examiner for a suite of Perioperative Care modules:
- Anaesthetic and Post Anaesthetic Care (PAC) Practitioner
- Core Concepts in Peri-operative Practice
- The Intra-operative Practitioner
The external examiner is asked to look at a sample of the assessments and report on:
- the administration of the programme
- the standards and consistency of internal marking
- the standards of student performance
- the extent to which the regulations and processes of the University are correctly applied and adhered to
- whether the academic standards of the programme are appropriate
- examples of good practice identified
The successful applicant will be asked to attend one examination board per year and submit an annual report following this. External examiners are also required to provide comments on proposed modifications and the development of new modules within their area of expertise.
Previous external examiner experience is desirable; however, those new to external examining are strongly encouraged to apply.
Essential Criteria: Experience of delivering relevant programmes at HE level
Desirable Criteria: Previous experience as an external examiner
Date of appointment: September 2020 – September 2024
Closing Date: May 31st 2020
Programme details will be provided to the appointee and induction/training offered.
Please note that due to existing external examiner arrangements we are not able accept applications from staff in the following institutions: Ulster University