The Faculty of Education, Health and Community is looking to appoint an additional External Examiner from September 2015 to support the Specialist Community Practitioner (District Nursing) Programme – BSc (Hons) and Postgraduate Diploma.
Invitations are invited from Senior Lecturers who have had external examiner experience and have a Specialist Practice District Nursing academic and clinical background. All applicants will have registered nurse status with the NMC.
This Programme is offered at level 6 and level 7 and consists of 7 modules – 50% core modules and 50% specialist modules.
You would be required to examine the specialist modules, which include V100 community prescribing.
Full Programme details will be provided to the appointee and a full induction will be offered.
The minimum duties required of all external examiners are:
- To ensure that the standards of University awards is maintained
- To engage with the process of moderation for assessed work (external examiners are expected to attend assessment boards)
- To approve proposed assessments from all modules under the remit that count towards an award
- To ensure that assessments are conducted within the approved regulations
- To comment on the effectiveness of the assessments
- To complete an annual external examiner report in the format requested by the University and to submit this by an agreed deadline
Successful applicants would be appointed with effect from 1st September 2015 for a term of 4 years.
Formal expressions of interest should be submitted to Sally Sprung, email email@example.com
Interested individuals are required to send a copy of their CV for consideration.