The College of Nursing, Midwifery and Healthcare is seeking to appoint an external examiner for our BSc (Hons) Social Work programme. The modules cover, non-exhaustively,
- Social Work with Adults / Children
- Social Policy / Law
Applicants do have to be qualified social workers, registered with Social Work England. Interested applicants should preferably have had experience of external examining in at least one other Higher Education Institution. (All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointment). The appointment will be with effect from February 2021 and tenure will normally be for a period of four years.
The assessment boards are all held on our Brentford campus*.
As an External Examiner you will be expected to:
- Have current registration with Social Work England
- Be employed in Higher Education and have experience teaching and assessing at levels 4, 5, 6 and 7.
- Moderating samples of examination/essay scripts and other assessed materials, advising module assessment boards on the content and standard of assessments.
- Attend a minimum of 2 assessment boards a year, which are held on our Brentford campus*.
- Review new modules in preparation for validation events.
- Submitting an annual report to the University Quality Boards.
*Currently, all meetings that can be, including assessment boards and annual reviews, are being conducted virtually using Microsoft Teams.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions. If you are interested in the above post please send your expressions of interest, together with a full CV, in the first instance to:
Course Leader BSc (Hons) Social Work
College of Nursing, Midwifery and Healthcare
University of West London
07927 718567 **
**currently all team members are working from home, so please make contact either on the above email or the mobile number.