External Examiner required for a range of level 5 and 6 short courses at Education for Health – (Warwick) validated by the University of Hertfordshire.
Education for Health – We are a Long-term conditions charity who are delivering a range of undergraduate and postgraduate short courses and modules. We currently require an external examiner for a range of level 5 and 6 short courses which are validated by the School of Health and Social Work at the University of Hertfordshire as part of continuing professional development for healthcare professionals.
The external examiner will be expected to monitor the quality of the coursework across the short courses below:
- The Foundations of Managing Asthma (level 5- 30 credits)
- Enhancing Asthma Care in Professional Practice (level 6 -30 credits)
- Principles of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease for professional practice (level 5- 30 credits)
- Enhancing chronic obstructive pulmonary disease care in professional practice (level 6- 30 credits)
- Principles of Diabetes for Professional Practice (level 5 -30 credits)
- Enhancing diabetes care in professional practice (level 5- 30 credits)
- The Foundations of Managing Chronic Heart Failure (level 5 -30 credits)
- Tackling the Complexity of Managing Heart Failure (level 6 -30 credits)
We are seeking candidates whose areas of expertise would enable him or her to monitor the quality of these courses and externally moderate assessed work. The University may require that external examiners attend examination boards where feasible. You will be expected to complete an annual report. External examiners are also required to provide comments on proposed modifications and the development of new courses within their area of expertise.
The post is for an initial period of 4 years, starting in 2020- 2024
Interested persons should send their CV to Education for Health firstname.lastname@example.org or for any other information contact Ann Saxon Director of Learning Design and Quality email@example.com in the first instance, alternatively you can email firstname.lastname@example.org at the University of Hertfordshire
Closing Date 9th October 2020