Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced lecturers. All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointment. The appointment will take effect from 1st October 2020 and tenure will normally be for a period of four years. The Board of Examiners are all held on the University’s City Campus in Tithebarn Street.
As an External Examiner you will be expected to:
- Be employed in Higher Education
- Have previous External Examiner experience
- Moderate samples of essay scripts and other assessed materials, advising the programme teams on the content and standard of assessments
- Submit module reports and a yearly programme report
- Liaise with other external examiners at LJMU
- Attend the Board of Examiners annually.
- Review the module in preparation for validation events
- Advise on academic misconduct and appeal cases.
If you are interested in this post please send your expression of interest, together with your current CV, to:
Mel Hills, Senior Lecturer / Programme Leader PGD Social Work (Step Up), LJMU – Faculty of Education, Health and Community, firstname.lastname@example.org, 0151 231 5856.