We are looking for dedicated individuals to undertake the role of external examiner/s of the new Registered Nurse Degree apprenticeship programme at Bournemouth University. The RNDA programme consists of both 20 adult and 10 mental health apprentices and an external examiner is required for both streams that begins In February 2021.
Your role and responsibilities would include:
- confirming the comparability of standards of student performance at Bournemouth University with those of similar modules at other UK Institutions of Higher Education;
- confirming that the assessment process in its entirety is sound, and has been fairly conducted with full regard to justice to students;
- Reporting and advising on the above by means of approving coursework and examination papers and providing an annual report to the University.
You should have appropriate expertise and experience to be able to undertake a role in the assurance of academic standards in Higher Education. You should hold a current NMC registration.
The appointees will be required to moderate a sample of scripts in relation to 17 modules within the above programmes over a 3.5 year programme. You will also be required to produce an annual report and attend Assessment Boards as appropriate.
Please send expressions of interest and an accompanying CV to Dr Dawn Morley (Course Leader) by 30th November 2020 at Bournemouth University firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV should contain the following information:
- Current and recent employment history
- HE and Professional Qualifications
- Current and previous external examiner engagements
- Experience of course/module leader roles
- Teaching experience
- Research and related Scholarly/ Professional Activity/ Consultancy