We are seeking to appoint a subject External Examiner from the adult, child, mental health and learning disability fields of nursing for the Return to Practice Nursing course. This programme is based in the School of Nursing and Midwifery, Faculty of Health, Education and Life Sciences. The position requires the External Examiner to have a current registration in their respective field with the Nursing & Midwifery Council. This, and revalidation, will be checked on application and on an annual basis.
The appointment will commence immediately; the tenure is for a perod of four years. All External Examiner appointment are subject to approval by the University Academic board.
- Comment on the content of the subject area particularly with regard to subject benchmarks
- Examine assessment briefs, exam and student work to ensure academic standards of students are comparable with those in other UK higher education extablishments of which the external examiner has experience
- Provide informative comment and recommendations on whether the assessment process measures student achievement rigorously and fairly against the intended outcomes of the programme and is conducted in line with relevant polices and regulations.
- Attend examination board/s and submit an annual report
- Engage in communication with the academic and programme team.
Please note that External Examiners are required to engage with assessment of both theory and practice elements of the programme where relevant.
Previous experience as an External Examiner is not necessary as the University is able to provide mentorship to the successful applicant.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to https://jobs.bcu.ac.uk/Vacancy.aspx?id=1434&forced=1
For further information about the role, please contact Chris Jones, Programme Leader firstname.lastname@example.org 0121 331 6117
Our standard fee for External Examiners is £450.00 per academic year.