We are seeking to appoint a Subject External Examiner for the MSc Advanced Professional Practice Physiotherapy pathway. The programme is based within the School of Health Professions, Faculty of Health and Human Sciences. Students on the pathway will be Physiotherapists but will share modules with other registered healthcare professionals for example Occupational Therapists, Podiatrists and Nurses.
Consequently, the External Examiner would be a Physiotherapist with experience of post-graduate educational provision, have a recordable teaching qualification and a current registration with the HCPC.
The appointment will be for 4 years and the commitment required is as follows:
- Currently three assessment panels a year (March, June, and November) and the submission of external examiner reports
- To review a range of coursework throughout the year
- To attend one assessment event per year if appropriate (for example, OSCE or oral presentation)
- To engage in communication with the programme team
- To carry out at least one interim engagement per year (which may take the form of a ‘virtual’ visit by video conference/Skype in recognition of the logistical difficulties presented by Plymouth’s geographical location) and at least one face to face visit during the term of office to obtain feedback from staff and to strengthen their engagement with the ongoing teaching and learning process.
If you would like to be considered for this, please submit a CV by email to Annette Hill, Annette.firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 24 July 2017 or for further information email Claire Hornsby email@example.com