We are seeking to appoint a Subject External Examiner for the MSc Advanced Professional Practice in Neurological Rehabilitation pathway. The programme is based within the School of Health Professions, Faculty of Health and Human Sciences. Students are registered healthcare professionals from an inter-professional background (for example Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists), whose main role involves working with professionals, patients and carers in neurological rehabilitation practice.
Consequently, the External Examiner would, ideally, be a Physiotherapist or Occupational Therapist with a neurology background with experience of post-graduate educational provision, have a recordable teaching qualification and a current registration with the HCPC. Other healthcare professionals with appropriate experience and qualifications may be considered for the position.
The appointment will be for 4 years and the commitment required is as follows:
- Currently three assessment panels a year (March, June, and November) and the submission of external examiner reports
- To review a range of coursework throughout the year
- To attend one assessment event per year if appropriate (for example, OSCE or oral presentation)
- To engage in communication with the programme team
- To carry out at least one interim engagement per year (which may take the form of a ‘virtual’ visit by video conference/Skype in recognition of the logistical difficulties presented by Plymouth’s geographical location) and at least one face to face visit during the term of office to obtain feedback from staff and to strengthen their engagement with the ongoing teaching and learning process.
If you would like to be considered for this, please submit a CV by email to Annette Hill Annette.email@example.com by Monday 24 July 2017 or for further information email Amanda Denton firstname.lastname@example.org