The Department of Nursing Studies at University Campus Suffolk is seeking to appoint an external examiner for our BSc (Hons) in Mental Health Nursing. This is a pre-registration programme with one intake per year in February.
As an External Examiners you will be expected to oversee the quality of modules and the programme (theory and practice), attend Assessment Boards and meet with students on the programme. Opportunities will be provided for external examiners to visit placement areas and mentors. You will be expected to produce a module report for each module reviewed and complete an annual report that contributes to our Risk-based Monitoring and Enhancement process.
Applicants will be required to have:
- Current registration with NMC
- Current employment with a UK university with no formal links with UCS in the last 5 years
- Experience of being a course leader/field leader for pre-registration mental health nursing
- Evidence of internal examining experience
- Previous external examining experience is desirable but not essential.
All new External Examiners to UCS will be expected to attend an induction event. Tenure of appointment is usually four years.
Interested individuals are welcome to contact Paul Driscoll-Evans (firstname.lastname@example.org) for a discussion about the role
If you wish to apply, please submit your written expression of interest and full CV to Paul Driscoll-Evans, Acting Head of Department of Nursing Studies, University Campus Suffolk (email@example.com)