We are seeking to appoint a Subject External Examiner for the Professional Practice Programme. This programme is based within the School of Nursing & Midwifery in the Faculty of Health, Education and Life Sciences.
The appointment will commence September 2018 and the tenure of appointment is for a period of four years. All External Examiner appointments are subject to approval by the University Academic Board.
• Comment on the content of the subject area particularly with regard to subject benchmarks
• Examine assessment briefs, exam papers and student work to ensure academic standards and achievements of students are comparable with those in other UK higher education establishments of which the external examiner has experience
• Provide informative comment and recommendations on whether the assessment process measures student achievement rigorously and fairly against the intended outcomes of the programme/s and is conducted in line with the relevant policies and regulations
• Attend examination board/s and submit an annual report
• Engage in communication with the academic and programme team
Previous experience as an External Examiner is not necessary as the University is able to provide mentorship to the successful applicants.
We are looking for External Examiners to cover the following programmes/modules:
• BSc (Hons) / MSc Pain management
• MSc Research Dissertation
• Essential Academic Skills for Degree Level Study
• Essential Academic Skills for Masters Level Study
• Using Research Evidence in Practice – Level 6
• AP(E)L/Academic Skills – level 5
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply at https://jobs.bcu.ac.uk/Vacancy.aspx?id=1434&forced=1 or for further information about the role please contact Alison Simons, the Programme Leader, 0121 331 7012 Alison.email@example.com. Our standard fee for External Examiners is £450 per academic year.