The School of Healthcare Practice is seeking to appoint two external examiners to join the team supporting our postgraduate health courses.
The successful candidates will review and monitor the quality of a range of units alongside current external examiners with, particular reference to the following units:
- Evidence based healthcare practice
- Global healthcare practice
- Long term conditions: an integrated approach
- Leadership in Healthcare Practice
- Biopsychosocial Approaches to Pain Management
- Sickle cell disease and Thalassaemia: an integrated approach
- Advancing healthcare practice: concepts and principles
- Dissertation (Systematic Review approaches to literature)
- Nurse and Midwife Independent and Supplementary Prescribing (V300)
Our courses attract both home and international students and we would welcome the sharing of experiences in ensuring high quality delivery of education whilst meeting the diversity of academic needs of students across post-graduate courses.
Experience as an External Examiner is desirable but not essential. Being willing to share expertise and experience to maintain comparability of standards is essential.
All appointments are subject to meeting the University’s criteria for the appointment of external examiners. The term of office for successful candidates is 4 years, commencing November 2017 / February 2018 depending on units examined.
For an informal discussion and for expressions of interest please send a current CV to Dr. Marvelle Brown, Course Coordinator, MSc Advanced Nursing Studies