The Department of Nursing Studies at University Campus Suffolk is seeking to appoint an external examiner for our Preparation for Mentorship (credit and non-credit level 6) and Paramedic Educator modules (level 5 and 6). This is a post-registration programme with two intakes a year (September and January).
As an External Examiner you will be expected to oversee the quality of modules, attend Assessment Boards and meet with students on the module. Opportunities can be provided for External Examiners to visit placement areas and mentors. You will be expected to produce a module report for each module reviewed and complete an annual report that contributes to our Risk-based Monitoring and Enhancement process.
Applicants will be required to have:
- Current registration with NMC
- Current employment with a UK university with no formal links with UCS in the last 5 years
- Experience of being a course leader/field leader for Mentorship / Practice Educator programmes
- Evidence of internal examining experience
- Previous external examining experience is desirable but not essential.
All new External Examiners to UCS will be expected to attend an induction event. Tenure of appointment is usually four years.
Interested individuals are welcome to contact Paul Driscoll-Evans (email@example.com) for a discussion about the role
If you wish to apply, please submit your written expression of interest and full CV to Paul Driscoll-Evans, Head of Department of Nursing Studies, University Campus Suffolk (firstname.lastname@example.org)