Bachelor of Midwifery (Hons) Programme
The University is seeking to appoint a subject external examiner for the new Bachelor of Midwifery (Hons) curriculum which commenced in September 2013. This new curriculum was given unconditional approval by the NMC in April 2013 following an extensive and wide reaching curriculum design process which developed a contemporary and innovative programme.
This post will cover year 2 of the programme (Level 5) which focusses on complex care in relation to pregnancy, birth and the postnatal period, medicines management and the start of case loading.
All coursework is electronically submitted by students and is marked online using Grademark and Turnitin. External examiners will be required to use the online moderating process. User guides and support will be made available. Examiners will be required to attend at least one Examination Board and visit clinical practice areas once per year.
The University appointments for external examiners are normally for a period of 4 years, commencing 1st October 2014.
• Working in a UK HEI with no formal educational links with the University of Manchester in the last 5 years
• Current registration with the NMC as a midwife including a recordable teaching qualification
• Master’s Degree or preferably a PhD in a related area
• Direct experience of teaching and assessing in the applicable subject areas
• Research and publications in related area
Appointments will be made in line with the University of Manchester’s Code of Practice for External Examiners. University Code of Practice for External Examiners
Interested candidates should detail their experience in teaching and assessing in the applicable subjects.
Enquiries and expressions of interest, by CV from suitably qualified and experienced colleagues should be sent to: Katie.Leather@manchester.ac.uk